- Faculty & Staff
- Centennial Celebration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Department Overview
- Academy, Alumni & Corporations
- Seminars & Colloquia
- Advising Information
Mathews and Kaiser Fellowships
Full Support Packages for New Outstanding PhD Applicants
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) at the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) is offering fellowship opportunities to outstanding PhD applicants. Graduate students in the MAE Department have the opportunity to work on exciting research under the guidance of world–renowned faculty in state–of–the–art facilities.
• Applicants must be accepted into either the regular or direct (i.e., straight from BS) doctoral Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering program at Missouri S&T.
• Applicants must have a strong GPA and GRE scores, and have a strong desire to conduct research.
Successful applicants will receive a one year 50% GRA/GTA appointment ($24,500), full tuition and fees ($11,000), and a Mathews/Kaiser Fellowship ($2500) for a total one year support of over $38,000. By the end of the first year, the student must obtain a research advisor, at which time the student’s stipend and tuition will be supported by their advisor. The Mathews/Kaiser Fellowship is renewable annually, subject to satisfactory progress in coursework and research.
• Apply to the Missouri S&T Mechanical Engineering doctoral program or the Aerospace Engineering doctoral program at http://futurestudents.mst.edu/
• In addition to the online application, send the following materials to the MAE Associate Chair for Graduate Affairs (Dr. Landers, email@example.com): transcripts, GRE scores, statement of purpose including a discussion of how a doctoral degree will fit into your future plans, and three recommendation letters.
• Underrepresented students are especially encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is January 12th, 2018. Decisions will be made by February 28th, 2018.