- Faculty & Staff
- Centennial Celebration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Department Overview
- Academy, Alumni & Corporations
- Seminars & Colloquia
- Advising Information
FACULTY: Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Jie Gao
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Missouri University of Science and Technology
229 Toomey Hall
400 West 13th Street
Rolla, MO 65409-0050
Phone: (573) 341-6516
Fax: (573) 341-4607
- Silicon photonics, plasmonics and optical metamaterials
- Light-matter interactions in photonic nanostructures with quantum dots
- Optical sensing based on nanophotonic devices
- Quantum optics and quantum information processing
- Solar energy harvesting and light emitting devices
- Ph.D. in Applied Physics, Columbia University (2012)
- M.S. in Applied Physics, Columbia University (2007)
- B.S. in Physics, University of Science and Technology of China (2005)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology (2012-present)
- Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, Columbia University (2005-2011)
- Lecturer, Academic Successful Program, Columbia University (Summer 2007, 2008)
Honors and Awards:
National Science Foundation CAREER Award (2017)
Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award (2014)
Selected Journal Publications:
1. L. Li, W. Wang, T. S. Luk, X. Yang, and J. Gao, "Enhanced quantum dot spontaneous emission with multilayer metamaterial nanostructures," ACS Photonics, 4, 501 (2017).
2. W. Cao, X. Yang, and J. Gao, “Broadband polarization conversion with anisotropic plasmonic metasurfaces,” Nature Scientific Reports, 7, 8841 (2017).
3. J. Zeng, L. Li, X. Yang, and J. Gao, "Generating and separating twisted light by gradient-rotation split-ring antenna metasurfaces," Nano Letters, 16, 3101 (2016).
4. W. Wan, J. Gao, and X. Yang, "Full-color plasmonic metasurface holograms," ACS Nano, 10, 10671 (2016).
5. Z. Li, W. Wang, D. Rosenmann, D. Czaplewski, X. Yang, and J. Gao, "All-metal structural color printing based on aluminum plasmonic metasurfaces," Optics Express, 24, 20472-20480 (2016).