- Faculty & Staff
- Centennial Celebration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Department Overview
- Academy, Alumni & Corporations
- Seminars & Colloquia
- Advising Information
MAE Admission Requirements for Undergraduates
for Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Effective: Fall 2018
The following guidelines are used in evaluating applications for admission to the ME and AE degree programs.
- Not currently on probation or deficiency status.
- Completed all required courses in the common Freshman Engineering program, including a grade of C or better in Math 1214, Math 1215, Phys 1135, and Chem 1310.
- A cumulative GPA ≥ 2.5. The cumulative GPA includes both S&T and transfer courses. It includes any GPA adjustment from the grade replacement policy.
- UM cumulative GPA ≥ 2.5. The UM cumulative GPA includes courses taken at any of the University of Missouri campuses. It includes all grades for any repeated courses, with no GPA adjustment from the campus Repeat Course GPA Adjustment policy.
- A cumulative Math and Science GPA ≥ 2.25. The cumulative Math and Science GPA includes all courses listed below that have been completed at the time of application to the ME or AE program. It includes all grades for any repeated courses, with no GPA adjustment from the campus Repeat Course GPA Adjustment policy.
Math and science courses to be included in the Math and Science GPA:
Math 1214, Math1215, Phys 1135, Chem 1310, Math 2222, Math 3304, Phys 2135, ME/AE 2360, ME 2519, AE 2861, CE 2200
Students are allowed to continue taking the sophomore level ME or AE courses in order to satisfy the admission requirements and re-apply for admission. However, graduation from the ME or AE program expects official admission to the program before the junior year ME or AE courses are begun.
Students not meeting the above standards may request special consideration only for unusual circumstances by including with the application a written statement, including motivation for the choice of the degree program and justification for why special consideration is warranted. Consideration of exceptions will be made based on convincing evidence of likelihood of success in the program, as well as on availability of space in the program.